After we learned that Gary Owen and his wife Kenya Duke were ending their 23-year marriage, I’m sure there were a few questions about what went down. And it wasn’t long before Duke gave us some insight. She shared that Gary had been sleeping with someone woman in Dallas, Texas and Claudia Jordan’s friend was somehow linked.
It was a damning accusation whether it was Claudia herself or a friend. So, last night, Claudia hopped on Instagram Live to clear her name and let Kenya know that she didn’t appreciate being dragged into their personal drama.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR APP AND TAKE US WITH YOU ANYWHERE!
Check out the highlights from her conversation in the excerpt and video below.
“I’ve been friends with Gary Owen for about 20 years. The fact that I’m being dragged into this is stupid and it’s just not true. I have reached out to friends of Kenya so we can talk woman to woman and not play this out in front of everybody. But I also want to keep it 100 with my peoples and tell the facts.
First, I was accused of being a mistress. Which y’all love doing that to me. Never been a mistress in my life but that’s a narrative that’s easy to put on someone like me. Let me just say for the 100,000th time, no. Nor do I approve of that. The story is that he cheated and the woman is my friend. First of all, in my 20 years of knowing him, none of my friends have ever told me or have ever implied that they have messed with this man. Never. Y’all want to make me into this monster, that’s on y’all. I’m a one-woman man and I don’t condone that.
When Kenya needed a hairdresser, I hooked her up with my girl Tash. We was always cool. I would see her out. I love their show. I loved them together. I have nothing to do with whatever the reason is for their divorce. You should probably talk to them about the reason for their divorce and also know, as adults, sometimes people break up and it’s not as scandalous as you want it to be.
Everyone was so quick to pile on Gary, why don’t you just let it play out or let it not play out. It’s none of our business. But all I came on here to tell y’all, is that I have absolutely nothing to do with it.
Kenya, Tash has given you my number. You can call me and we can talk about it. I’m really aggravated with you that you chose to go messy on a blog when you could have reached out to me.
I know me and you are not as tight. I’ve known your husband for a long time. That’s my boy, that’s my buddy…I don’t know the details of y’all’s divorce but it has nothing to do with me and nothing to do with any of my girls.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
This all started because there was a post on theJasmineBrand that asked if Gary Owen was still invited to the cookout. And I said, ‘No, he’s good people.’ I think she saw that and she said, ‘Claudia Jordan got me feeling a way.’ I was very respectful. I didn’t say anything about you, even though, he’s my friend. I didn’t say anything about him and it just grew from there.
And I just want you to be respectful, Kenya. I know you’re married to a celebrity and you’re not necessarily a celebrity but you were a reality show. When you keep adding on to narratives that are out there, it just makes situations worse. I understand sis, you’re in pain, sis. I understand this is your family. But to just drag and burn everything to the ground and f*ck everybody else up, is not cool. Especially when it’s not true. Stop putting my name in all this sh*t. I’m serious. I’m sick of it. “
You can listen to Claudia’s full comments in the video below.
This article was originally posted on MadameNoire.com
Claudia Jordan Off The Air [PHOTOS]
1. Kandi Burruss Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning Show1 of 42
2. Jasmine Sullivan Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning Show2 of 42
3. Ne-Yo Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning Show3 of 42
4. J Moss Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning Show4 of 42
5. Rae Sremmurd Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning Show5 of 42
6. Fred Hammond Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning Show6 of 42
7. Mary J Blige Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning ShowSource:iOne/RSMS 7 of 42
8. Kendrick Lamar Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning Show8 of 42
9. Tameka Raymond Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning ShowSource:iOne/RSMS 9 of 42
10. Elle Varner Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning ShowSource:iOne/RSMS 10 of 42
11. Jennifer Hudson Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning Show11 of 42
12. Big Sean Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning Show12 of 42
13. Michelle Williams Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning Show13 of 42
14. Wiz Khalifa Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning Show14 of 42
15. Tank Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning Show15 of 42
16. Atlanta Exes Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning Show16 of 42
17. Claudia Jordan At The 2014 Neighborhood Awards17 of 42
18. Rickey Smiley, Claudia Jordan, Chadwick Boseman, Gary With Da Tea & Tate Taylor18 of 42
19. Claudia Jordan On BET19 of 42
20. Claudia Jordan At The 2014 BET Awards20 of 42
21. Claudia Jordan21 of 42
22. Rickey Smiley, J Moss & Claudia Jordan22 of 42
23. Claudia Jordan & Rickey Smiley23 of 42
24. Claudia Jordan24 of 42
25. Claudia Jordan25 of 42
26. Claudia Jordan26 of 42
27. Claudia Jordan27 of 42
28. Headkrack, Claudia Jordan, Rickey Smiley, Gary With Da Tea, Rock-T, Juicy, Special K28 of 42
29. Claudia Jordan29 of 42
30. Claudia Jordan30 of 42
31. Claudia Jordan31 of 42
32. Claudia Jordan32 of 42
33. Claudia Jordan33 of 42
34. Claudia Jordan34 of 42
35. Claudia Jordan35 of 42
36. Claudia Jordan36 of 42
37. Claudia Jordan37 of 42
38. Claudia Jordan38 of 42
39. Claudia Jordan and Rickey Smiley39 of 42
40. Claudia Jordan and Rickey Smiley40 of 42
41. Claudia JordanSource: 41 of 42
42. Claudia JordanSource: 42 of 42
Claudia Jordan Responds To Mistress Allegations Linked To Gary Owen’s Divorce was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com