Update: 11/4 According to NBC 10, Philadelphia’s transit agency called on the union representing about 4,700 striking workers Wednesday night to engage in good-faith negotiations to bring an end to the walkout. The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority said in a statement that it’s clear the strike is “causing severe hardship” for residents.
Deon also asked the union after talks ended for the night to assure residents that they will suspend the strike on Election day if no agreement is reached.
The union called SEPTA’s statement “outrageous” and was expected to issue an official response later Wednesday night.
Yes, Septa is on strike right now, and that will effect tons of commuters on their daily routine. We will keep you updated with everything we know!
Many commuters were left scrambling Tuesday morning to find a way to work, and many students in need of a ride to school, as union SEPTA workers went on strike.
The union, representing more than 5,000 SEPTA workers, announced the walkout at 12:01 a.m.
The strike means many SEPTA buses, trolleys and subways that provide about 900,000 rides a day are no longer operating.
The strike does not affect commuter rail lines and service in areas outside the city, including Regional Rail.
The School District of Philadelphia said classes were still in session despite the strike.
What SEPTA Service Is Running?
- Regional Rail: The only option for train travel in and around Philadelphia
- Norristown High Speed Line
- Suburban Bus, Trolley Routes 101 & 102
- LUCY (Loop through University City), Route 310 (Horsham Breeze), Routes 204, 205, and Cornwells Heights Parking Shuttle
- CCT Connect: Regular service will operate for, registered ADA and Shared Ride customers. There may be some delays due to increased demand and local street traffic
What SEPTA Service Is Not Running?
- City Bus Routes (This includes Route 78, Cornwells Heights to Center City Express)
- Market Frankford Line
- Broad Street & Broad Ridge Spur Lines
- Trolley Routes 10, 11, 13, 15, 34, and 36
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Mother Goes Viral After Filming Her 6-year-old Son’s Morning Routine
31 Year-Old Woman Poses As A 14 Year-Old Boy To Have Sex With A 16 Year-Old Girl?
Tragedies of the Debarge Family
Gay Basketball Player Andre Marhold Exposes Former Sixers Player For Having A Small Lower Area
End Of An Era: 10 MTV News Moments Cemented In Black Pop Culture
Usher to Replace Diddy at Roots Picnic; Philly Has Mixed Emotions
Janelle Monáe Has The Internet Parched Over Sultry “Lipstick Lover” Video