The last few weeks have been extremely emotional for America with all the police brutality and mass shootings going on in different cities. When unarmed citizens are killed by authority and innocent lives are taken; it leaves people emotionally overwhelmed feeling afraid, sad, frustrated and confused. Meanwhile, you ‘re left wondering how to process your emotions & go on with your daily lives after hearing about these tragic events. Some helpful ways to lift your spirits can include: taking a walk to clear your mind, unplugging from the internet for a while, reading a book, exercising, listening to music or a positive conversation with a friend.
Here’s a playlist of songs that will bring you some comfort during these tough times.
1 . Marvin Gaye- Inner City Blues
2. John Legend ft.Common- Glory
3. Erykah Badu- Soldier
4. Stevie Wonder- Living For The City
5. Micahel Jackson- They Don’t Really Care ABout Us
6. Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes- Wake Up Everybody
7. Queen Latifah- U.N.I.T.Y
8. Bob Marley- Get Up Stand Up
9. Lauryn Hill- Everything Is Everything
10. Micahel Jackson- Black Or White
11. Marvin Gaye- What’s Going On
12. Micahel Jackson- Man In The Mirror