We all love a good pair of jeans (although we hate shopping for them), and every woman owns at least a few pairs. A denim jean has always been a wardrobe essential, and with so many styles and colors, works for almost every occasion.
This season however, the fashion industry is looking beyond just the run of the mill blue jean, and denim is cropping up in everything from shirts, to bags, to headbands, and everything in between. Denim was a prominent feature in both New York Fashion Week and London Fashion Week, appearing in everyone’s shows from Rachel Roy to Valentino, and from Stella McCartney to Derek Lam.
Here are a few different ways you can easily incorporate the denim trend into your wardrobe this season….
1. Add a cropped denim jacket to your spring dresses for extra warmth when the sun goes down, and effortless looking style during the day.
2. Pair a denim jacket with different colored trousers, or skinny legged cargo pants for casual style that is completely on point.
3. The lightweight denim shirt is a very versatile wardrobe staple this season. It looks great worn over leggings or belted and worn as a sexy dress to show off your legs.
4. Light colored denim shirts complement perfectly a floral skirt, providing the perfect contrast of feminine and ready to wear cool. They can even be worn well if worn open over a white top or dress.
5. Remember to steer clear of double denim. You want to look fierce and fashion forward, not like Billy Ray Cyrus circa 1987. Not a good look then, definitely not a good look now. If you wear a denim shirt, then don’t wear a denim jean, instead mix it up with fitted cargo pants or a maxi shirt.
6. Cuffed denim boyfriend jeans work well with a crisp white shirt or fitted tee and wedges, to balance the loose fitting pant.
This Spring, don’t be afraid to experiment with the denim tops, jackets and skirts on offer. Check out our gallery for some stylish options…