Back in the day, homosexuality was a pretty taboo topic within the hip hop community. These days, artists are comfortable enough with themselves and their sexuality to be openly gay and proud. Check out these eight rappers who are not afraid to embrace their sexual orientation.
1. Angel Haze, a self identified Native American, raps openly about her preference for men and women.
2. Y Love is a Orthodox Jewish gay rapper who rhymes in English, Hebrew, Yiddish and Arabic.
3. Le1f is a rapper and DJ who is well known in the NYC club scene for his creative remixes and innovative rhyme patterns.
4. Cakes Da Killa is gaining acclaim for his outspoken and brash rapping persona.
5. “Mykki Blanco & The Mutant Angels” combines acid punk and hip-hop for a cutting edge sound that pushes more boundaries than one.
6. ILoveMakonnen kicked off 2017 by revealing that he’s gay via Twitter.