The NBA legend, Earvin “Magic” Johnson has joined the bidding group to own the Washington Commanders, sources confirmed. The Hall of Famer will join the Harris group led by Josh Harris who also owns the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and the NHL’s New Jersey Devils.
Magic Johnson is currently the part owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers and was The Lakers team president from 2017-2019. He has also invested in other sports teams, including the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks and MLS’ Los Angeles FC.
Text “DCnews” to 52140 For Local & Exclusive News Sent Directly To You!
In November, The Commanders current team owners, Dan and Tanya Snyder announced they will be selling the team and Forbes listed the value of the franchise at $5.6 billion. NFL owners will be meeting in Phoenix next week, so a deal could happen soon but sources say that the sale most likely won’t be approved until late May when the owners meet again.
READ MORE SPORTS NEWS:
- Joel Embiid Learned to Shoot by Searching ‘White People Shooting 3 Pointers’
- MLB’s New Pitch Clock Rule Makes A Difference On Opening Day
- China Defeats USA in the World Baseball Classic Final
- Russell Westbrook Traded To Jazz In Three-Team Deal
- UPDATE: Damar Hamlin is Home!
- Damar Hamlin’s Family Optimistic As NFL Safety Remains In Critical Condition
- Floyd Mayweather, Jake Paul Meetup Erupts In Chaos At Miami Press Event
- Eagles Trade Up To Grab Wide Receiver DeVonta Smith In The 2021 NFL Draft
- NFL Draft Partners With Clubhouse For All New Social Media Experience
- Out Of Respect For Daunte Wright And A Grieving Community, Minnesota Teams Cancel Games
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Magic Johnson Joins The Run To Buy The Commanders was originally published on woldcnews.com
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Mother Goes Viral After Filming Her 6-year-old Son’s Morning Routine
31 Year-Old Woman Poses As A 14 Year-Old Boy To Have Sex With A 16 Year-Old Girl?
Tragedies of the Debarge Family
Gay Basketball Player Andre Marhold Exposes Former Sixers Player For Having A Small Lower Area
End Of An Era: 10 MTV News Moments Cemented In Black Pop Culture
Usher to Replace Diddy at Roots Picnic; Philly Has Mixed Emotions
Janelle Monáe Has The Internet Parched Over Sultry “Lipstick Lover” Video