Something doesn’t add up. New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft criticized the unfair criminal justice system after a visit with imprisoned rapper Meek Mill, but Kraft won’t speak up for quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s protest against the same system.
See Also: Meek Mill Arrested In NYC For Doing Wheelies On A Dirt Bike
The influential team owner joined entrepreneur Michael Rubin on Tuesday for a visit to the state prison in Chester, Pennsylvania to talk with the jailed musician.
Mill, 30, is serving up to four years for violating his probation agreement for a 2008 drugs and weapons conviction. An arrest in 2017 for popping wheelies on his dirt bike and for getting into a fight prompted the heavy-handed sentence.
“Amazing young man. I know how I’d feel if I was in the situation he is,” Kraft stated outside the prison. “Every time I see him, I just come away more impressed. He’s very intelligent. And makes it clear to me we have to do something with criminal justice reform.”
At the same time, Kraft is one of the team owners at the center of Kaepernick’s grievance battle against the NFL. Kaepernick alleges that the teams conspired in a private agreement to prevent him from playing during the last football season. The quarterback sparked controversy in 2016 when he kneeled during the National Anthem to protest racial bias in the criminal justice system.
Kraft was one of three named NFL owners, along with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and Texans owner Bob McNair, deposed and asked to turn over all cell phone records and emails related to Kaepernick’s collusion case.
The Patriots owner is also a friend of President Donald Trump, who ignited a wave of protest after he tweeted that NFL owners should get rid of players like Kaepernick who kneel during the anthem, referring to him as a “son of a bitch.”
Hours Before Devonte Hart’s Family Went Off Cliff, 911 Call Reported Siblings Were Being Starved
Ted Cruz Is Mad That Black Trump Supporters Diamond And Silk Were Blocked On Facebook
- Latto Is Stunning In Rick Owens At 2023 iHeart Radio Awards
- HHW Gaming x PAX East: ‘Undisputed’ Is A Knockout In Progress ‘Strayed Lights’ Is Gorgeous ‘Dead Island 2’ Is Zombie Killing Fun & Other Gaming Impressions
- Angie Ange Honored With Lifetime Achievement Award At WKYS 93.9’s Inaugural Women’s Empowerment Brunch
- Watch: ‘The Kardashians’ Season 3 Returns With The Truth In Teaser Trailer
- Blac Chyna Wears A T-Shirt Of Kim Kardashian To Show ‘Support’ For The Reality TV Star
- Gabi Fresh Swim x ELOQUII’s Collaboration Will Bring Out Your Inner Baddie
- New Poster Alert: Fans Are Calling ‘A Thousand And One’ “Storytelling Excellence”
- Gary’s Tea: Malia Ann (Obama) Rocks A New Name and New Look
- Keke Palmer Shares Life Story In Her New Amazon Music Short Film ‘Big Boss’
- WTF News: Woman Fatally Shoots Husband on FACEBOOK LIVE
NFL Owner Robert Kraft Sends Mixed Signals On Criminal Justice Reform After His Meek Mill Visit was originally published on newsone.com
Baes & Baddies: Supremely Stacked Shadée Monique Is More Than Just Joe Budden’s Boo
Jaw Dropper: SZA Shows Off Her ASSets in Skims Photoshoot
Lil Uzi Vert Responds to Criticism for Satanic Lyrics at Rolling Loud
20 Actors That Should Play Fictional Siblings
Kandi Calls LaTocha “Corny” For Clowning Her Vocals
Spice Announces Her Third Pregnancy: ‘God Has Been So Good To Me!’
What’s Next For The Black Mafia Family? ‘BMF’ Season Two Finale Recap
[VIDEO] Ouch! Cee-Lo Thrown From Horse At Atlanta Party Honoring Shawty Lo