Many couples are likely to encounter a stage in their relationships where the passion and excitement falls away. It happens and it’s natural. Anyone who tells you that they have a happy relationship 100% of the time is either, extremely fortunate, or maybe they’re not being totally honest with you!
People in relationships, especially those that are long-term, will admit that to keep a happy, healthy and passionate relationship going, it takes work. Finding ways to maintain the excitement and keep that special feeling alive can sometimes mean breaking out of established patterns of behavior.
Is Your Relationship Is Becoming Stale And Boring?
“We humans are creatures of habit!” (Unknown)
Everyone falls into certain routines that are comfortable and predictable. However, by forcing yourself out of your comfort zone every now and then, you’ll be able to breathe a sense of newness and vitality into your relationship. And, with this change comes the possibility of rekindling of passion, love and happiness for you and your partner.
It’s essential for the health of your relationship to re-discover that certain spark you felt when you first got together. Those feelings are still there, it just needs you to be creative and committed to working out ways to bring them to the surface once again.
If you require a kick-start to find ways of reigniting the passion and happiness in your relationship, perhaps the following tips will help get you on track.
1. Make your partner feel special. Remember at the beginning of your relationship how you would go out of your way to make your partner extra happy? Do it again! It’ll surprise your partner and be a reminder of just how much you love them.
It’s not something you have to do every day, but doesn’t your partner deserve a little “special” attention every now and again?
2. Show appreciation of your partner’s actions. Do you let your partner know how grateful you are when they do something for you? It’s important, but it’s something many of us forget to do! By letting him or her know how much you appreciate what they do, it not only makes them feel good, but also encourages them to continue to “spoil” you! (self-serving ploy, I know, but what the heck, it’s only slightly indulgent!)
3. Show your partner consideration. Sometimes your partner is the only one who will allow you to be blunt and abrupt. While it can be psychologically healthy to vent your frustration and disappointment about life’s all too common injustices, always try to be considerate around your partner as much as you possibly can and keep your moods in check.
4. Spend quality time together. Life can be hectic and everyone seems to be rushing here and there all the time. Making the extra effort to have time together is vital. And, this doesn’t mean going out as a couple with friends or to a concert, club or restaurant, but actually having real, one-on-one time together.
It’s the only way to get to know one another intimately, completely…and just watch the passion levels skyrocket!
5. Show affection. Now, this might sound a little out of place, but do you show your affection for your partner beyond bedroom activities? If that’s where your passion starts and ends, well, it’s simply not enough!
Your love for each other shouldn’t be confined to the boundaries of the bedroom. Gentle, loving touches and hugs, snuggling together on the couch, holding hands and simply enjoying the closeness of your partner should be something spontaneous and natural.
6. Engage in exhilarating activities You can certainly promote a happy and fulfilling relationship by seeking adventure. Everyone has their own definition of adventure and you and your partner will probably find different things challenging or exciting.
Instead of just doing the things you want to do, or only following your partner’s lead, why not have a 50-50 arrangement? As a couple, get involved in things you like to do then, turn the tables and try out your partner’s activities. That way, you’ll both begin to understand and appreciate one another much better.
7. Learn to enjoy time by yourself. Many relationship experts support the idea of the importance of having time away from your partner. Everyone needs their own space. Spending time away from your partner can build up the anticipation for some of the things you may have planned to do together as a couple.
Having the opportunity to get to know yourself better can often improve your interaction with people you love.
8. Share your goals and aspirations. Keeping an open conversation going with your partner about future plans is important for a healthy relationship. Remember though, that things don’t always go according to schedule or design, but it’s good to talk about your dreams and desires.
And, while it’s always fun to discuss what things were like at the beginning of your relationship, it’s also enjoyable to discuss where you’re at, and where you think things are heading. Being able to share how you feel about what’s happening can be very therapeutic and definitely help develop a strong relationship bond.
9. Surprise your partner with a gift! And no, it doesn’t have to be something expensive or extravagant. I often think about the Beatles song, “(Money)Can’t Buy Me Love“, when discussing this topic. Just explore some thoughtful ideas that will let your partner know that you truly care about them. As a matter of fact, you could even make it yourself.
Most of the time, the simplest gesture or gift can mean the world to a loved one. And, a word of caution, never try to buy affection, it often falls short of the mark!
Make an effort to break up the monotony or sameness in what you do with your partner. Communicate meaningfully and often, try to spend quality time together, share your hopes and desires and explore new activities as a couple. When you do, you’ll most likely start to discover the keys to a successful, happy and passionate relationship.
-From Relationship Information Online