October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month. If you or someone close to you thinks they’re involved in an abusive relationship then please seek help immediately. If you are not sure if your partner, or potential partner, is abusive check out some of the signs listed below:
Question relationships with partners who:
- Abuse alcohol or other drugs.
- Have a history of trouble with the law, get into fights, or break and destroy property.
- Don’t work or go to school.
- Blame you for how they treat you, or for anything bad that happens.
- Abuse siblings, other family members, children or pets.
- Put down people, including your family and friends, or call them names.
- Are always angry at someone or something.
There are many more items on the list for you to be aware of. To view the complete list CLICK HERE. If you are currently in a dangerous situation please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233. Get informed. Get help. Get out.